WF Tutorial Summary
- A ‘workflow’ is simply a grouping of related tasks that represent part of your application’s business logic.
- Windows Workflow Foundation (WF) allows you to define and execute workflows directly within a .NET application.
- Workflows are composed of any number of ‘activities’, which are configured using the VS WF designers.
- The WF API supports sequential and state machine workflows.
- The WF runtime can be hosted by any sort of .NET application.
- Workflows are executed by the WF runtime engine, which can be sent custom parameters via a generic Dictionary object.
- Items in the Dictionary map to identically named public properties on the workflow instance class.
Copyright (c) 2008-2013. Intertech, Inc. All Rights Reserved. This information is to be used exclusively as an online learning aid. Any attempts to copy, reproduce, or use for training is strictly prohibited.